Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Thursday, November 20, 2014

1st Day in Tucson

Left Las Cruces at 9:00 with temps of 35F for a 270mi drive.  A light breeze behind us so this should be and easy drive.  


Finally, after 7 days of driving, our home state for the next 5 months.











Got to the campground about 2:30 but not before we stopped at an RV dealer.  We have had 2 mechanical issues so far.  One being a warning message on the dash: “Wiring Fault on Trailer” which usually came up after driving for an hour or so.  We have checked the lights and the connection in the box and everything seems ok.  At one point I was scrolling through the menu on the dash and it indicated there was no trailer hooked up. Huh!  Today I hooked the trailer up to the plug below the rear bumper, not the one in the box, no warning message.  Looks like I will have to check that plug out.  Must be a lose connection which, if I can’t find myself, I will take in to a Ford dealer as I still am under my extended warranty.
The 2nd issue is with the hitch.  Every time I make a turn I get a loud metal on metal grinding sound.  I have a sidewinder pinbox and I think the wedge that locks it in place has moved.  Still pulls fine but I sure get everyones attention when I make a turn.  I have an appointment at Lazy Days RV on Dec 15th when we leave for Gold Canyon.
  
Checked into Rincon Country West RV park and boy is this different from the ones we have been staying in.  This is the scene that greeted us on the drive in after we cleared the front gate.

This won't be to hard to take for the next month.  













It has 1139 spots with about 10% for RVs and the rest for Park Model homes.  Paved streets with Palm trees and lighting with all sorts of amenities and activities.  Most RV units are big diesel Motorhomes with the majority of the trailers being 5th wheels.

  
Our unit above.
Nice level gravel lot with cement pad off the door for our picnic table and chairs.  Our very own palm tree in the front yard.

Our neighbour.  2013 42' Phaeton.  These run a half million or so.  He tows a brand new Chevy Volt.  Guess the financial crisis in America is over, at least for some.

We are now the poor country cousins.

As I was checking in Lori was sure she saw Faye, a retired teacher she taught with in Pinawa.  We proceeded to our spot and got setup.  As we are here for a month we can finally unpack and get organized.  

The next morning we were off for free coffee and donuts and an information presentation.  On the way out we ran into a fella with a Jets T-Shirt and I commented to him about his shirt.  As he stopped to talk Lori recognized him as Faye’s husband, Garry.  They own a Park Model and are here for the winter.  Their 6th year.  We have made arrangements to meet them on Saturday and go out for dinner.  It’s a small world.  Lori also has another retired teacher friend who winters in Yuma who we will be meeting up with in Feb.




Here are some shots of our new neighbourhood.  Pretty empty at this point.  They get a bit of an influx after American Thanksgiving and then after Christmas the place will fill up.


















Our first sunset.  Not too shabby.
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment