Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Friday, November 11, 2016

Birthday in Sedona

Celebrated my 61st birthday on Monday and although I'm not sure what 61 is supposed to feel like I do know I don't feel like 40 anymore.  Frankly I haven't felt like 40 for some time.  Where do those aches and pains come from anyway.

Drove into Sedona today for a little window shopping and a birthday lunch with my best friend, who also happens to be my wife.  We decided to go back to Tlaquepaque, and I challenge you to try to pronounce it, which is basically an outdoor mall, although the pictures will show that its like no mall you have seen before.  The stores are very artsy as is most of Sedona and most of the artwork is well beyond our price point however there are lots of absolutely beautiful creations and admiring the creative ability of the artists is free.  





The fountains are all dressed up for Thanksgiving





Albert and Lori sharing a park bench

Mark gave me a few tips on my blog.  Basically, less verbiage, more pictures.  Point taken.


Lots of Colourful weathervanes along the street. All different designs.   

Lots of artwork on display outside of an Art Gallery.  Inside was lots more beautiful work.


The building is built of stone matching the cliff face behind.  Almost looks like its carved right out of the rock face.

Pretty nice place to have a vacation home.  Beautiful views everywhere you look.

Building blends in seamlessly with the cliff. 



No comments:

Post a Comment