Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Sunday, March 13, 2022

BTA Photo Outing

 I simply do not have the time to keep up blogging each days activity.   Now that the construction is done for the year we are either out doing stuff or I'm napping on the couch recovering from doing stuff.  This past week we hiked four days and on the fifth I went on a photo shoot with the boys.  Not complaining.  Enjoying every minute of it.  

Todays shots are from a photo outing to Boyce Thompson Arboretum followed by an early dinner at Porters in Superior.  Had a great time, got some good closeups with my macro lens and enjoyed the dinner out on the patio at Porters afterwards.  

I think I'm allowed to tell this story as it all turned out ok in the end.  If not I will hear about it as soon as Lori reads this post.  I brought my tripod along and Lori was my sherpa carrying it for me.  Eventually she decided a visit to the gift shop was more interesting than watching me and the others contorting ourselves into various positions to get that perfect shot.  Since I hadn't used the tripod I asked her to take it back to the car with her.  She trudged off, tripod over one shoulder and a jug of water over the other.  After a few stops to watch the cardinals and hummingbirds she made it to the gift shop and eventually to the car to await the return of her wanna be photographer husband and his cronies.   

We all got back and headed over to Superior for a great burger, fries and a few bubblies before heading home.  Just as we were pulling into the driveway Lori got this frantic look in her eyes.  Where is the tripod she asked.  I don't know I replied.  You took it back to the car.  To make this an abridged version of a very long story (too late you say) she had put it on a bench as she took in the show of the many birds flitting about in the trees.  She left it there and never realized till we got home.  Too late to head back to BTA so we left early the next morning and arrived as they were opening up.  Thankfully some honest sole had turned the tripod in and now we have a funny little story to tell all our friends.  I was sworn to secrecy should this story have ended up differently.  Given the cost of a new tripod is about the same as the new iPhone that Lori has her eye on she is much relieved as the budget allows for one or the other but not both.  




Reflections on a spiders web.  




Tree bark up close






Spring has sprung.  Birds are nesting, horses are claiming their mares, flowers are coming out.  Upcoming hikes will have plenty of wild flowers adding colour to the desert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment