Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Monastery visit. Part 1

The last few weeks we have been out and about trying to tick some things off our list as we realize that our time here is fast coming to an end.   I have been out for a few photo shoots but haven't had time to edit my pictures given our activities and, finally with some warm and sunny weather, it has been nice to simply sit and soak up some sun.  Although as I say that we are set for a couple days of rain as another winter storm hits Arizona.  That should give me time to get caught up a little in my blogging.  

On February 28 myself and 2 other members of our Photography group headed out to visit St. Anthony's Greek Orthodox Monastery located just south of Florence, Az.  They have a dress code so long pants and long sleeve shirts are required.  It was a nice sunny day in the high 60s and it turned out to be perfect. 

 Lori stayed home as she had to prepare a salad for our Canada Day dinner later that night although I think after our previous 7 hour hike she had had enough of us.  The Canada Day dinner is held each year for all the park residents that are from north of the 49th and once again it was a fun evening.   

The Monastery presented us with some great scenery and this post will show you the stunning vistas of the first part of our visit.  The white chapel on a hill with beautiful blue skies as a background was simply stunning.  Many of the shots below are actually similar or in some cases the same picture however I have altered the post editing to create different moods.  

Enjoy. 














More pictures of the rest of the Monastery coming tomorrow, I hope.  


No comments:

Post a Comment