Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

The Forks

Lori and I went down to The Forks for lunch today and afterwards took a walk through all the shops.  Lori went into the shops whereas I hung around outside taking some shots of the wildlife and architecture.  Must say I prefer the wildlife at Birds Hill Park.  

We were going to go down to the river walk where I hoped to get some shots of the river, bridges and buildings.  Alas, after all the rain we have had in May the walk was under about 4 feet of water.  Maybe later this summer. 

I also picked up a Wandrd backpack that I had seen on Marketplace.  I had convinced myself I needed it for our upcoming Alaska cruise.  New it would have been $400 but I got it for $150.  Its well worn but still functional however when I got it home and took a closer look its so close in size and function to my existing Atlas pack that I may end up reselling it. 

Here are a few shots, mostly of the interior of the old train sheds now turned into a vibrant downtown shopping and dining Mecca.  One of the few urban redevelopment projects the city has got right.  

The dynamic range was off the map so I ended up taking handheld exposure brackets and blending HDR shots.  That combined with the moving people result in images that are a bit blurry but do create a neat effect. 













   


No comments:

Post a Comment