Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Doing 75 in a 65 is OK, right!

First of  all I apologize for the formatting of my last post.  I don't know what happened but I think I have it fixed.

This was a 5 state day and the second 13 hour day in a row.  I am pretty much bagged.  I'm good for about 8 hours but then muscles start tightening up and basically the ol' body just starts to fall apart.  

First day was all interstate but today I decided to avoid the Toll highway which left us on mostly local highways and almost all 2 lane roads.  Its actually a much better way to see America as the Interstates avoid all towns and there is no scenery to speak of up close to the road.  

We even met a very nice young man just outside Greensburg, Kansas.  He was sporting a very dashing Movember stach and looked very dapper in his all blue uniform.  He kindly informed me that he was representing the Highway Patrol and that I was going just a tad fast.  75 in a 65.  I gave him my best "Who Me" look and handed over my drivers license.  He went back to his cruiser and got busy looking me up on his computer.  He was taking a rather long time so I suspected a ticket was coming.   He finally finished checking me out and came back to inform me that no court date or ticket was in my future but counselled me to slow down as Arizona wasn't going anywhere.  What a relief.

The rest of the day I stayed much closer to the speed limit as the highway patrol cars were everywhere and I didn't know how many warnings I was allowed in one state.  

Something that we really noticed is all the large trucks on the roads.  It seems like well over 50% of the vehicles are semi's hauling much needed goods to feed the pent-up demand of people like you and me.  

Well that's it for tonight.  Having a tough time trying to focus my eyes and the last 2 days are all a bit of a blur right now.  We hope to get into GC about 2:00 tomorrow and then it will be cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping for a few days until we can settle into a relaxing routine.  

More to come.    

No comments:

Post a Comment