Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Sun Dogs Extraordinaire

The above average fall temperatures are history now.  With the winter solstice came  winter weather and the onset of snow, wind and cold temperatures.  We have had a few inches of snow the last few days and last night we were supposed to get hit with a full scale blizzard.  Fortunately for us we only got two of the 3 criteria for a blizzard.  Wind and cold. -40 with the wind chill tonight.  Doesn't matter how you measure -40.  Fahrenheit or Celsius, its the same thing.  Dammm Cold.  The snow for the most part missed us so at least the drifts are only a few feet deep although the wind has hardened it to the consistency of concrete.  As I was walking Charli I passed a number of unfortunate soles out trying to shovel the stuff so they could get out to work in the morning.      

We were blessed with a rare sunset tonight.  At least rare for me.  I don't think I have ever seen twin sun dogs in such dramatic fashion.  I got a text from a friend of mine telling me to get outside with my camera.  Thanks Debbie.  Here are a few different interpretations of the event.  

Left this one in the oven a little too long.  A little overdone but I do like my colours. 


This one is a little more realistic.  Pretty spectacular.



A black and white version however I couldn't resist adding back just a touch of colour. 



Its not often you get to see this in Manitoba.  




May be my last blog before Christmas so if I don't talk to you before both Lori and I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year. 

 #Manitoba Sunset

#Sun Dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment