Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Tuesday, August 18, 2020

And now for that lived in look.

I see that I have been away for awhile.  I didn't mean to take such an extended break but life takes its own direction sometimes and getting back on track is not always so easily done.   

I'll start off once again with a few more shots from our summer travels.  We have been up to Swan River a number of times this summer and along the way there are a few old houses right off the highway.  I have always meant to stop and try to capture what remains of their story before they truly fall to the ground and here are some of the images.  These are a little different than what I usually shoot and I have tried to process some of them with more of a gritty feel although given my love of the saturation slider I can't quite bring myself to eliminate some of the vibrant colours.  

Would have been interesting to get some shots from the inside however given the dilapidated state these houses are in it would not have been the best of decisions.  Besides that "No Trespassing" and "Stay Out" signs were everywhere. 

I'm thinking that back in the day this was a great high school party hangout.  

Even though any coat of paint has long since been worn away the patina of the natural wood provides some very bold colours with only a little help from the editor.  

After all these years some of the windows still have a few broken panes of glass. Should of had Lori peeking in the back window.  



The back wall and part of the roof have fallen in.  I've got to think that the rest of the house won't be far behind. 


   

This is a composition.  I'll leave it up to you to figure out what I added to the scene that wasn't there when I took the shot.  

Have a few more trips to document.  The English Garden at Assiniboine Park, a trip to Hecla and my latest fascination of shooting wheat and canola fields, some with thunder clouds hanging around.   With harvest in full swing I was actually out today walking through a wheat field trying to give the combines a wide birth.  I got a smile and a wave from one of the farmers so I guess I wasn't a nuisance. 

Stay tuned.   

No comments:

Post a Comment