Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Zoo Deux


Here are a few more shots of our feathered friends.  
These shots as well as shots from my previous post were all taken on the Sony A7iii using the Sony G 200-600mm lens at f6.3 and in many cases at high ISO.  When people say that zoom lenses aren't sharp I suspect they haven't shot on the current crop of Zoom lenses.  And even though I used a high ISO in most of the shots the noise was minimal and easily reduced in my editing software. 

Enjoy

The proper orientation for this shot is rotated 90 degrees to the right.
The branch he is perched on should be vertical with his head
pointing straight down as in the shot below (same picture).
Every time I looked at it I tilted my head so I decided to rotate it.  
Same picture as above with the actual orientation.
 A little creative license applied by way of Topaz Studio 
As above but with a few different filters. 
Pelican as I saw him.
Pelican as I imagined him.
Not totally happy with the result but ok for a work in progress.

This guy and his mate were taking turns sitting on a nest.
I was hoping to get back for some more shots when the
eggs hatch.  Checked with one of the Zoo employees and
they said that if they do lay eggs they are taken out of the nest
and replaced with painted rocks. As bald eagles are not an
endangered species there is no market for eaglets.
What a cruel joke on mom and dad.  
 Thats it for our Zoo excursion.  We have actually been up in Swan River the past few weeks so lots of time to edit pictures but no Wifi, other than my phones data plan, so haven't been able to submit my posts.  
Have a few more pictures edited and ready to post, all dating back to this past winter in Arizona.  Should get those posted in the next few days as we are probably heading back to Swan again on Friday.       

No comments:

Post a Comment