Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

A J Rodeo. Part 1 of 3

Digging into my photo archives and I found a few pictures which I had not yet posted.  Back on Saturday, February 29 some of our Photo Club decided to attend the Apache Junction Rodeo.  I thought it would be a great opportunity to get some action shots and try out my 70-200mm lens.  In about 3 hours I managed to shoot 950 pictures.  Thats what 8 frames a second in burst mode will do.  Don't worry I deleted about 600 of them and have only included a small sample size below.  

Lori and I aren't big Rodeo fans however it was a beautiful afternoon and a great way to spend time with friends.  Lori spent her time cheering for the horses and bulls while I had my camera in front of my face for most of the time.  Just think how novel an idea it is now to sit in a grandstand with a thousand of so people all huddled together.  How things have changed.  

I've separated the pictures into events.  Here is the bareback bronc riding.

A beautiful setting. 
They all managed to coordinate the shirts but one guy didn't get the message.
Its black hat day, dude. 
Purty young fillies.
The nice thing about a burst is you get a real feel for the action.

Leaving so soon
Some very interesting positions.
Another one bites the dust




Yeehah. 


This guy was all over the place
but kept hanging on, until
Oh so close to getting stomped.
All the riders walked away although I'm sure with lots of bumps and bruises. 

Next up a little calf roping and steer 'rastling.


No comments:

Post a Comment