Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Arizona Sky

Sitting in my lawn chair with my 2 girls, make that one girl, Fixer Upper starts on HGTV at 7:00 so Lori has deserted me.  I suspect Charli will desert me shortly as the crackers and salami are almost gone.
Back to my story.
I am sitting here enjoying the big Arizona sky complete with a full moon shining over the palm trees.  It is almost pitch dark now and the stars are starting to come out.  I'll bet you are expecting some pictures however we spent the last 2 hours at a wine tasting and given that Lori isn't much of a wine drinker I consumed my allotment as well as most of Lori's.  Needless to say my manual dexterity is somewhat inhibited and setting up a tripod to take pics of the night sky is somewhat beyond my abilities at this point.
We are now well into our second week at Gold Canyon.  The first week we got the mandatory shopping out of the way.  REI, Outlet Mall, Mesa Swap Meet and a few other stores meant we are well over our $800. Customs allowance.  We have now started to indulge in a few of the park activities including regular visits to the gym, Yoga and a lot of walks.  We are planning some hikes, Pickle Ball and a few other activities in the coming days and in no time our visit at Gold Canyon will be coming to an end.  Next year we are planning a 3-4 month stay.
Had a nice visit with a former work mate of mine, Gary Gibson.  Gary and his wife were down here to visit with some family and at the last minute, Linda scored some tickets to "The Voice" in LA so Gary was left with some time on his hands.  He drove out to our RV Park and we had a nice visit.  We are hoping to arrange dinner some evening once Linda is back from her advendtures.  We are also Hoping to meet up with Joe and Bonnie, whom we me in Albuquerque.  They are at a park here in Mesa.
Time to go in as it's starting to cool off.  Will try to provide another update shortly, perhaps his time with some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment