Gold Canyon, Az

Gold Canyon, Az
New Years Day 2015, Gold Canyon, AZ

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Schack Wacky

A technical term meaning that I am getting real bored sitting around reading and watching TV.   Trump TV is non-stop and was somewhat intriguing for a while but has become tedious and repetitive.  Kind of like watching a daytime soap.  Everyday a new dramatic turn or rather a continual loop of dramatic turns.  It never seems to end.  Canadian politics, even with Trudeau's antics is so boring which is really how it should be.

I downloaded the CBC App hoping to keep up with the Olympics and the results of the Canadian team, particularly the Curling, however when I go to play the videos they won't play.  A quick email to CBC and they tell me that their licensing agreement with the Olympics only allows them to play video within Canada.  So I'm stuck watching NBC and I can only watch so much Luge.

One nice thing about this RV Park has been the TV and Internet connections.  In the past the TV reception has been flawless with fast Internet and few bottlenecks during peak periods.  Its all brought in via a cable hookup with a Modem/Router combo provided by the Park.  This year we have had the Dish service guy here twice and after replacing the Modem the Internet is back up to speed but we are still getting lots of freezing on the TV.  The Dish guy was surprised we were getting reception at all with our cheap Sansui TV.  I'm wondering whether its a problem with the tuner/receiver in the TV.  Perhaps a new TV is in the works for this summer.

I am making slow progress with my ankle.  Almost 2 weeks after the incident I can now place my full body weight on my left foot and I can walk while using the crutches to take some of my body weight.    Unfortunately every few steps the ligaments in my ankle pop, kind of like twanging a stretched rubber band.  The Physio said there is very little blood flow to the ligaments so healing takes time.  Following the exercises he gave me he said it was important to ice my ankle.  The cold tells the body to send more blood to the ankle thus aiding in the healing process.  I didn't know that.

Sunday, Feb 18, we decided to take a drive to Dana Park Mall and go for lunch and follow that  with a visit to Barnes & Noble.  Lori hadn't been there for a few weeks and she needed to get her fix.  We found an Italian restaurant just outside the mall which we hadn't been to before.  The exterior looked a little dated and when we walked in the interior was quite intriguing.  I'm sure it hadn't been remodelled in years but the walls were plastered with pictures and posters from the 1950's and earlier.    All with an Italian theme.  Lots of Sophia Loren, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra.


The name of the restaurant on a plate smothered in Olive Oil.



Placemat.  Very traditional Italian 



Pictures covering the wall. 



Murals and posters on the ceiling. 







































































































































































The food was great.  The menu is al a carte, much like a Chinese restaurant,  where you order your entree and sides separately.  The portions are large and really setup more for large groups rather than a couple.  It was an expensive lunch but enough leftovers for Dinner.
It was a good days outing and got me out of the trailer.

Next up ... Dolly Steamboat.






No comments:

Post a Comment